Students involved in service typically:
- Do better in school, are happier with their college education and graduate at higher rates.
- Improve personal characteristics such as leadership skills, sense of community, self-esteem, communication skills and an appreciation of diversity.
- Explore potential careers, experience their chosen career field and build their resume.
- Address serious social problems by investing their time, talent and energy.
- Collectively the students give more than 1 million hours annually
- The estimated economic impact of Fresno State service efforts exceeds $30 million dollars per year
- Students help out the community in issues related to education, crime, health, the environment and the arts
- Community Benefit Organizations rely on volunteers, and since the students are learning while they serve, it’s a mutually beneficial relationship