Computer Engineering encompasses digital and computer systems, embedded processors, digital signal processing, R. F. (wireless) systems, optical communications, solid-state electronics, integrated circuit design and fabrication, computer networking and software engineering. Our BS degree program provides:
- A strong emphasis in electrical engineering (primarily electronic circuits and systems);
- A broad basis in mathematics, physical science, and general engineering;
- Fundamentals of computer science including programming, methodology, software engineering; and
- Introductory and advanced concepts in the design of computers and computer systems.
What You Can Earn
Computer Engineer III - $137,000
What You Can Do
Pursue careers in optical communications, microelectronics, computers, radar, microwave communications, and innovative alternative energy sources.
Interesting Classes You Might Take
- Digital Signal Processing
- Communication Engineering
- Wireless Communications Systems
- Electromagnetic Theory and Applications
What You Can Learn
- Principles of electrical circuits
- Structural organization, hardware architecture and design of digital computer systems
- Design of digital systems utilizing microprocessors
- Analyze and design high frequency amplifiers
About the College
The Lyles College of Engineering is the only publicly supported engineering college in the San Joaquin Valley. The mission of the college includes developing each student's potential to the greatest extent possible, provide a quality engineering education to all students and to serve students from groups that historically have not participated in a university education.
Contact the College
Office of the Dean
2320 E. San Ramon Avenue MS/EE94
Fresno CA 93740-8030
FAX: (559) 278-4475
Campus Mail Stop: M/S EE94
Room 124 in the Engineering East Building, on San Ramon east of Jackson Avenue.
Department Contact Information
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
2320 E. San Ramon Ave, MS EE 94
Fresno, CA 93740-8030
(559) 278-2726 FAX (559) 278-6297