- The thesis templates are MS Word files in the prescribed university thesis format. Margins, line spacing, and heading styles are all set up for you.
- Download the template with either chapter or section title format (depending upon your degree--see lists below), and the font you wish to use.
- Once you get your template, check out this helpful instructional Power Point: Navigating the Thesis Template: The Basics
- You should also check out these three very short (<3min. ea.) instructional videos on using the template: 1) Styles window, 2) Pasting text into the template, 3) Populating the Table of Contents.
- If the Power Point and video presentations above just aren't enough and you'd like to schedule an in-person tutorial, call the Graduate Writing Studio (559-278-2450). One of our knowledgeable and friendly consultants can schedule a time for you to visit.
Use the chapter template if your degree is in Art, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Communication, Communicative Disorders, Counseling, Criminology, Education, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical options), English*, Food and Nutritional Sciences, History, Industrial Technology, International Relations, Kinesiology, Mass Communication and Journalism, Music, Nursing, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Spanish, or Special Education
*MA English template: Times New Roman template
*MFA - Creative Writing (novel, short story, essays) students: Use either chapter or section, depending on the type of thesis being done.
*MFA poetry template: Times New Roman template
Business Honors Program: Business Honors Program template