Why go to Graduate School?
There are many reasons to get a graduate education, whether you want to change careers, advance in your current career, learn new skills, earn a higher salary, or achieve your personal goals!
The Graduate Net Initiative is here to help you make an informed decision. Schedule an appointment with our Graduate Outreach Specialist and apply to one of our 47 graduate programs!
In today’s workforce many business, government, and non-profit employers are requiring master’s degrees for many entry-level positions. More people are enrolling in graduate programs; see the increase from 2003 to 2013 in the table below. Attaining a graduate degree may give you that competitive edge to get ahead.
The Council of Graduate Schools reports that 90% of master’s degree graduates feel their health is excellent, they have children who are better prepared for school and involved in extracurricular activities, and 62% of U.S. citizens with a master’s degree voted (as compared to 53% with a bachelor’s degree and 34% of high school graduates). Also, as you can see on the table below, the unemployment rate for graduate degree holders is much lower, while their annual wages are much higher compared to those with lower degree attainment.
Choose Fresno State
At Fresno State we are deeply committed to your success.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose us:
- We are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Washington Monthly ranked Fresno State 1st as a master’s granting university in the California State University system and 4th in the nation
- We offer affordable living and education
- We have academically distinguished faculty
- We have state-of-the-art research facilities
- We have a state-of-the art library ranked among the top 25 in the nation
- We value culture and diversity
- We are committed to the communities we serve
- We are conveniently located in the heart of California and have all of the city amenities with a small town charm
- We have lots of Bulldog pride!
Take that next step to be Bold, and become a Bulldog!
The Graduate Net Initiative wants to be there for graduate students every step of the way; from inquiry to graduation you can count on us!