President's Honors Scholarship Application
The Smittcamp Family Honors College will be accepting applications for the Fall 2015 class beginning October 1, 2014. Completed applications must be submitted online at http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/scholarships/scholarshipapplication/ by the online application submission deadline of December 11, 2014.
Please join the Honors College in an informational webinar, which will tell you more about our program and the application process. You will be able to ask questions live and will receive answers during this interactive webinar. Click on the date in which you are interested to reserve a space and to view the system requirements. To register, click on the "Register Now" button.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 | 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 | 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
Monday, October 20, 2014 | 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
Admission into the Smittcamp Family Honors College is highly competitive, and for good reason. This is one of the strongest programs in the Western United States. It offers exceptional students a chance to achieve academic mastery alongside a very select group of like-minded learners.
Are you a candidate for our program? If you meet or exceed one or more of the following criteria, then you should definitely consider applying:
- Minimum 3.8 high school GPA
- Ranking in the top 10 percent of your high school graduating class
- Combined SAT score of 1800 or ACT average score of 27 in English and Mathematics
In order to qualify for admission, you must be a first-time freshman who has not been enrolled full-time at any institution of higher learning (i.e., community college or any four-year university).
Three applications are mandatory in order to be considered for the President’s Honors Scholarship:
- California State University Undergraduate Admission Application – October 1, through November 30, 2014
- Fresno State Scholarships Application – deadline: December 11, 2014
- Smittcamp Family Honors College President’s Honors Scholarship Application – deadline: December 11, 2014
To retain the President's Honors Scholarship and receive a degree with University Honors, students must accomplish the following:
- Complete 24 units of lower division honors courses and 12 units of upper division honors courses. All honors three and four-unit courses count towards General Education (GE) graduation requirements.
- Maintain the following minimum grade point averages:
- Freshman and Sophomore years - 3.25
- Junior and Senior years - 3.4
- Perform community service hours as required
- 30 hours for freshmen
- 20 hours for sophomores and juniors
- No hours are required senior year but are highly encouraged for career placement and graduate school application