President's Honors Scholarship Information
The President’s Honors Scholarship is a defining feature of the Smittcamp Family Honors College. All students accepted to our program receive what is comparable to the value of in-state tuition for up to eight semesters of undergraduate study. This outstanding benefit is virtually unheard of among similar honors programs across the country and simply unmatched in California.
Along with comparable in-state undergraduate tuition, the President's Honors Scholarship includes:
- Credit for a community style room in a campus residence hall for those who choose to live on campus.
- 25-student limit in honors classes
- Smaller class sizes mean a more intimate, personal learning environment that encourages discussion and fosters relationships between students and faculty.
- Individual study and advising from the university’s premier honors professors.
- Priority registration for all courses
- Use of the Smittcamp Family Honors College Office
- Located near the center of campus, The Honors College Office offers a relaxed environment where students can interact with Honors College staff and faculty. The Honors College office has computers, a copier, the Rodemeyer Conference Room, lounge, and other amenities for your exclusive use.
- Extended library borrowing privileges
- Opportunity for international study programs
- Regular interaction with the university president
- Special honors recognition at commencement
- Inscribed Smittcamp Family Honors College bronze medallion at graduation
To retain the President's Honors Scholarship and receive a degree with University Honors, students must accomplish the following:
- Complete 24 units of lower division honors courses and 12 units of upper division honors courses. All honors three and four-unit courses count towards General Education (GE) graduation requirements.
- Maintain the following minimum grade point averages:
Freshman and Sophomore years - 3.25
Junior and Senior years - 3.5
- Perform community service hours as required:
30 hours for freshmen
20 hours for sophomores and juniors
No hours are required senior year but are highly encouraged for career placement and graduate school application
Please click here for the current President's Honors Scholarship package value. Other financial aid may also be available to help meet costs not covered by the scholarship.
Students should file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for additional financial aid.