Information and resources in the Assessment section of this site are intended to help make assessing learning in programs easier to do and the results more useful to faculty. In addition to the links on these pages, be sure to check Assessment Help in the menu on the right.
- Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning(Developed under the auspices of the AAHE Assessment Forum)
- Annual Assessment Report to the Provost
- Provost's Assessment of Learning Award
- Learning Assessment Team (LAT)
- GE Outcomes and Program Review
- Effectiveness (Examples of Program Evaluation & Planning Indicators)
- Presidents' Alliance for Excellence in Student Learning and Accountability
- Training and Assistance
- Sources to Consider for Publication
For information about the annual report, please see the template and reports section under Assessment of Learning
The Learning Assessment Team (LAT), formed in 2009, aims to strengthen outcomes assessment across the campus. The LAT reviews all major assessment reports on an annual basis. In 2015 and 2016, the coordinator of this team communicated with departments regarding their reports. Members also provide an overview of the status of programs' assessment to the Deans and Provost and departments on the status of programs' assessment. The first annual assessment conference was held in February 2016 and the LAT will be involved in the planning and implementation of subsequent assessment conferences at Fresno State.
- General Education Learning Outcomes
- Program Review Policy and Processes
- Undergraduate Program Review Committee
- Graduate Program Review Committee
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Writing Competency Subcommittee
In 2011, Fresno State joined the Presidents' Alliance for Student Learning and Accountability. Members of this national initiative commit to gathering, reporting on, and using evidence to improve student learning. Fresno State data, research, assessment, and evaluation information and reports can be seen throughout the OIE website.
- Active Verbs for Writing Learning Outcomes (Bloom's Taxonomy Action Verbs)
- Assessment Tips from Experienced Assessment Coordinators
- How To Know If Your Program Assessment Is On Track - WASC Rubric (Accreditor)
- Making Assessment Manageable
- Department/Program Assessment Coordinator Role
- Basic Assessment Steps & Hypothetical Example
Debbie Kemp, CSB faculty and Undergraduate Academic Program Review Subcommittee member
(Quicktime is needed to view this file.
Click here to download Quicktime)
- Assessment Coordinators Listserv
Any CSU, Fresno faculty or staff member may join this list. To subscribe, please contact Marie Fernandez at 278.3906 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Kentucky's Assessment Listserv
Instructions to subscribe to their listserv
- Does Assessment Matter? What the Engineers Say
This study was conducted by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
- Assessment for Learning
Dr. Bill Moore, long-time Assessment Coordinator for the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges talks about assessment as intrusion and as teaching. (video, 5:46 minutes)
- A list of journals that publish in assessment
- For those interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning