It is important if you are using a cart on campus to remember that this is a pedestrian campus and that they have the right of way.
Please drive cautiously and safely while on campus streets and sidewalks.
Each university department that operates powered carts must:
- Ensure all cart drivers are authorized to drive a state vehicle
- Provide all drivers with adequate training prior to operation
- Ensure each cart is mechanically safe to operate
- Authorized Drivers must be on the list maintained by the Office of Environmental Health & Safety, Risk Management and Sustainability, and:
- Possess a valid California Drivers License;
- Attend a defensive driving course;
- Maintain a good driving record
- Training Program administered by the driver's supervisor, must include the following topics:
- Pre-trip inspection
- Operating Basics
- Cart Safety Rules
See CART SAFETY GUIDELINES provided for specific training content. Documentation of training completion must be maintained by the department.
- Powered Cart Maintenance
- Do not operate a cart that is not properly equipped or defective.
- All carts must receive an annual safety inspection at the Ag Operations shop.
- A written summary of inspection results will be kept in department files.