Persons with Disabilities
To ensure you can get help should an emergency occure, prepare by informing your supervisor, instructor or safety coordinator if you expect to have difficulty in the event of an evacuation.
- Individuals with hearing or vision disabilities should notify Fresno State Police Department (559.278.8400) or other building staff whenever working alone in isolated areas.
- When reaching an obstruction such as a staircase, request assistance from others in the area.
- If assistance is not immediately available, stay near the wall in the exit corridor, in the designated stairwell, or on the designated landing.
- Continue to call for help until rescued.
- If you anticipate not being able to speak loudly, carry a whistle or have other means of attracting the attention of others.
- Life Sliders are available in multi-story buildings to assist those who cannot move down staircases.
- A powered "EVACU-TRAC" is also available to assist.