Building Evacuation Points
- Immediately evacuate the building using the nearest/safest
- Use the "buddy system" and look out for someone
- Help each other get out of the building.
- Be aware of occupants that need help and report the
information to emergency personnel.
- Proceed to the pre-designated building assembly point.
- See building-specific Emergency Information Posting (example) located in each classroom,
office, conference room for the location of the assembly
- Avoid the use of elevators if there is a threat of fire, or
in the event of an earthquake.
- Faculty Members are responsible for providing evacuation
leadership to the students in the class they are teaching when an
evacuation order is given.
- Managers/Supervisors are responsible for providing evacuation
leadership of the employees under their supervision when in the
work area during an evacuation order.
- Inform the Safety/Building coordinator (or emergency
- any student or occupant in need of rescue
- extent of injuries received by anyone in your group
- any hazardous condition such as fire or hazardous
- Do not leave the assembly point until the building/safety
coordinator or emergency personnel are aware that you have safely
exited the building, and it is safe to do so.