Health & Safety Committee
The Campus Health and Safety Committee was established to assist in complying with provisions of the California Labor Code, California Code of Regulations, California State University Environmental Health and Safety Program Development and Administration Guide, and the California State University, Fresno Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
The committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Vice President for Administration with the following charge:
- To advise the Vice President for Administration on issues related to a safe and healthful University environment for all students, staff, faculty and visitors.
- To assist the Office of Environmental Health and Safety in developing and maintaining a comprehensive Campus Health and Safety Manual.
- To recommend campuswide health and safety policies to the Vice President for Administration and to promote compliance across the University with such policies.
- To promote, encourage and facilitate communication among all campus employees regarding issues of campus health and safety.
- To hear concerns and complaints regarding potential, suspected or alleged health and safety hazards or violations within the University that have not been resolved by actions of responsible persons or safety coordinators.
- To periodically review the results of on-site inspections of potential safety hazards or violations.
- To notify, when appropriate campus channels have failed to respond, the appropriate governmental agencies regarding any uncorrected health and safety hazards or violations.
- To be notified by the Environmental Health and Safety Office when governmental agencies are to be or have been on campus as a result of a complaint, injury, or an unannounced visit or consultation.