Mission, Vision & Values
Our mission is to advance the University’s objectives through innovative, cost-effective, and timely acquisition of quality goods and services.
We are a team of highly trained procurement professionals dedicated to delivering proactive value added services in an atmosphere of collaboration, integrity, innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence.
Code of Ethics
As public employees and purchasing professionals, we commit ourselves to provide leadership and dedicated service to our customers, apply our best, unbiased judgment and maintain the highest ethical and moral standards in the conduct of CSU business. We guide our activity through the application and adherence to the following commonly shared values and ethical standards in our daily interaction with suppliers and University customers:
- Conduct business in good faith; demanding honest, legal, and ethical practices from all participants in the purchasing process.
- Foster an open environment by being fair and reasonable in all dealings.
- At no time and under no circumstances accept directly or indirectly gifts, gratuities or other things of value which might influence, or appear to influence, purchasing decisions.
- Promote positive supplier/contractor relationships by according vendor representatives courteous, fair and ethnical treatment.
- Make reasonable efforts to negotiate equitable and mutually agreeable settlements of controversies with supplier(s)
- Avoid involvement in any transactions/activities that could be considered to be a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the CSU.
- Know and obey the letter and spirit of laws governing the purchasing functions and remain alert to the legal ramifications of purchasing decisions.
Brian Cotham, CPSM, C.P.M.; Director of Procurement