About the Smittcamp Alumni House
The Smittcamp Alumni House stands near the main entrance to Fresno State, welcoming alumni, students, friends, conference-goers, dignitaries and other visitors to campus.
Upstairs, the Smittcamp Alumni House is home to the Fresno State Alumni Association.
The Smittcamp Alumni House has meeting rooms that can accommodate a small meeting of 10 and sit-down dinners up to 90 persons.
Using our patio courtyard and back lawn, we can accommodate groups up to 300. To view our meeting rooms and to find out more about our facility please go to the Room Rental section.
The $2.2 million building includes graciously appointed meeting and conference rooms, reception and social areas, an alumni library and chapter/volunteer resource room, courtyards, and offices for the staff of the Fresno State Alumni Association.
The impetus for the Alumni House was a $1 million gift in 1997 from Muriel and Earl Smittcamp and their family. Muriel and Earl, 1940 and 1939 graduates of Fresno State, and their children, Bob, Carol, Betsy and Bill, all of whom are Fresno State alumni, have been dedicated supporters of the university for many years.
The Smittcamp Alumni House first opened its doors with a ceremonial ribbon-cutting on March 21, 2000.