Prerequisites and Requirements
All candidates interested shall meet the university admission requirements, including the following criteria. Applicants must:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 units completed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). This can be satisfied by a recent record of baccalaureate GIS classes, or technical classes offered through ESRI or other GIS software companies.
Admitted students will complete a brief workshop with instruction on the basics of ArcGIS software prior to program matriculation.
- Hold a 3.0 or higher grade point average, if postgrad student.
Classes will be conducted online onBlackboard, Fresno State's learning management system. Before you can access Blackboard, you will need a Fresno State email account. You may activate your Fresno State email account with your Fresno State ID number.
Participants must have access to a computer with a DVD drive, capable of running MS Windows-based software. The minimum system requirements are:
PC with minimum 2G RAM running current OS:
- CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Free Disk Space: 5 GB or
Mac with minimum of 2G RAM running Windows 2000 Professional or higher under emulation software:
- VMware Fusion 2.0 or
- Parallels Desktop 4.4 for Mac, or
- Boot Camp