Prerequisites and Requirements
All candidates interested shall meet the university admission requirements, including the following criteria. Applicants must:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 units completed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). This can be satisfied
by a recent record of baccalaureate GIS classes, or technical classes offered through
ESRI or other GIS software companies.
Admitted students will complete a brief workshop with instruction on the basics of ArcGIS software prior to program matriculation.
- Hold a 3.0 or higher grade point average, if postgrad student.
- Provide official scores from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) taken within the last five years.
Classes will be conducted online onBlackboard, Fresno State's learning management system. Before you can access Blackboard, you will need a Fresno State email account. You may activate your Fresno State email account with your Fresno State ID number.
Participants must have access to a computer with a DVD drive, capable of running MS Windows-based software. The minimum system requirements are:
PC with minimum 2G RAM running current OS:
- CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Free Disk Space: 5 GB or
Mac with minimum of 2G RAM running Windows 2000 Professional or higher under emulation software:
- VMware Fusion 2.0 or
- Parallels Desktop 4.4 for Mac, or
- Boot Camp