About Our College
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) empowers students to LIVE WELL and take a whole person approach to improving the quality of life -mind, body and spirit - of the individual and community.
Faculty in CHHS work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date information, equipment and instruction are made available to students enrolled in Health and Human Services classes. Innovative approaches to field placements, interprofessional collaboration and internet-based communication and instruction are primary components of our curriculum.
- According to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the students in our college make up 21% of the entire Fresno State student body
- Our college offers two out of the three total doctoral programs on campus - Doctor of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- We graduate more majors than any other college at Fresno State
- In 2013, our college was awarded over $12.8 million in grants
- We make up 34% of the total amount of grants awarded to the University
- 71% of our incoming freshman are the first in their families to attend college