Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
FALL 2016 Welcomes the NEW DNP Students of Cohort 5!
California State University, Northern California Consortium Doctor of Nursing Practice
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) and San José State University have joined together to offer a joint post-master's Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. Our vision is to be an exceptional advanced nursing degree program that will prepare nurses at a doctoral level to lead health care change, serve as nursing faculty, and advance health throughout California's communities.
To prepare promising nursing leaders, advanced practice clinicians, and nursing faculty with high leadership potential to critically examine current healthcare practices and policies from a broad theoretical and practical perspective, to formulate clinical, administrative, and instructionally effective leadership approaches that can improve the quality of healthcare throughout the state.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program has been approved by the Chancellor's office, accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Master's Degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- Master's Degree in a health related field (e.g Public Health or Health Administration), additional post-baccalaureate courses in nursing theories, research methods, transcultural nursing and informatics will be required
- National Certification in nursing or obtain certification prior to the fifth semester of the DNP program
- Have current, unrestricted California RN licensure and advanced practice national certification if applicable
- Be of U.S citizen or U.S permanent resident
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Demonstrate sufficient preparation and practiced experience as an APN, nurse manager/ administrator/ executive/ educator/ or experienced nurse
- Official documentation of nursing practicum hours attained during the master's degree program or post-master's certificate program
- Provide official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- A letter of recommendation with completed recommendation rating form from the individual's current supervisor
- Contact information of two additional references who are professional colleagues or professors from the individual's master's program
- A personal written statement of purpose
- Completion of required interview and on-site writing sample
- Submit complete application to the California State University, Northern California Consortium Doctor of Nursing Practice program AND complete application for admission to California State University, Fresno via CSU Mentor
FALL 2017 APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2016
|Fresno State||San Jose State|
Sylvia Miller EdD, RN, FNP-C
Program Director - Fresno
Lori Rodriguez PhD, MS, FNP
Program Director - San Jose
Christine Ortiz PhD, RN, PHN
Program Coordinator - Fresno
Ruth Rosenblum DNP, MS, PNP
Program Coordinator - San Jose