Skip to contentSkip to navigation


All students are assigned to social work faculty for academic advising once they have enrolled and are current students.  Please note you will not be able to schedule an appointment with our BA coordinator until you have already attended orientation (Dog Days), and are a current enrolled student.  

advisingStudents are assigned advisors by the Social Work office and should plan to schedule a consultation with their advisor.  It does take 2-4 weeks to get an assigned advisor. Please note transfer students will be assigned an advisor in the spring semester.  Consult your student portal (bottom right corner) for the name of your advisor. 

To schedule an appointment, you can email or call your advisor.  You can also check faculty office hours on our website (top right of home page), or on our bulletin board in front of our office (PHS 128). If you are unable to schedule a meeting with your advisor, contact the BA program coordinator.

If you wish to change your assigned advisor, please file a Change of Educational Advisor request.  You will need a substantial reason on why you want to change advisors. 

We also work closely with:

These offices can provide services that are especially helpful and questionnecessary for transfer and senior students.

Please note It is the student's responsibility to obtain needed information, records, transcripts and have them interpreted well ahead of your expected graduation date and to take the steps necessary to rectify deficits, omissions or errors. In order to graduate, a student must meet all of the University and Department requirements for his/her catalog year. 
Feel free to contact our office if you have further questions.