Before entering the program, students will need to demonstrate that they have foundation knowledge of business practices and possess good writing skills. Prior approval of the certificate program coordinator or department chair is required.
Students need to meet one of the following criteria:
- be currently admitted to California State University, Fresno,
- have a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution, or,
- have an Associate of Arts degree from a two-year accredited college and a minimum of two years of business experience.
For successful completion of a certificate, you must receive a grade of C or better in each course.
Certificate in Entrepreneurship
ENTR 81, 153; MGT 110 12 units
Elective courses ENTR 155, 157; MKTG 134; FIN 131 or courses approved by certificate program coordinator or department chair 6 units
TOTAL 15-16 units
Certificate in Human Resource Management
Required courses HRM 150, 153, 154, and 157 12 units
HRM 152, 159; MGT 106 or courses approved by certificate program coordinator or department chair 3 units
TOTAL 15 units
Certificate in Organizational Management
Required courses MGT 110 (or MGT 104 and 106), 127, 182 12 units
Elective courses ENTR 81; HRM 150; MGT 124, 126. 133, 180, 189T or courses approved by certificate program coordinator or department chair 3-4 units
TOTAL 15-16 units
- Students with an option in entrepreneurship, human resource management, and management are Not eligible for the certificate programs.
- Other business options or minors may only count up to 6 units upper-division core toward the requirement.
- One certificate program allowed per student.
- Business majors will need to substitute two elective courses for MGT 110 requirement.