The Development Office in the College of Science and Mathematics
There are many ways to support the College of Science and Mathematics (CSM) at Fresno State. Each gift to CSM impacts the daily educational lives of our students and faculty. With support from generous donors, we can enhance and advance education, research and community engagement focused on science and mathematics.
Specific Projects You Can Support
- Scholarships - Support can range from annual gifts ranging from $500 - $10,000 per scholarship to establishment of endowments that support on-going scholarships.
- Student Research Projects - $1,000 supports one undergraduate research project and $2,500 supports a master's level research project.
- Graduate Student Scholarships - $10,000 provides support for a master's student to pay their fees, purchase educational and/or research supplies, and support travel to a conference.
- Elements magazine sponsorships - Opportunities range from $2,500 - $7,500
- Equipment - Equipping classrooms and research labs with modern, state-of-the-art equipment is a continuous challenge. Current equipment needs include a gene sequencer ($100,000) and a Scanning Electron Microscope ($30,000). Other smaller equipment needs range from $1,000-$5,000.
- Friends of the College Annual Fund - Any amount provides support for education and research programs in the college, from support for faculty professional development to new equipment to student research.
- Jordan Research Center- Naming opportunities for science laboratories and collaborative research spaces, starting from $200,000 each.
- High Impact Practice Classrooms - Creation of fully interactive learning spaces for active engagement in hands-on, technology-driven environments, renovations and equipment $50,000.
- Naming a Department or the College - A naming gift provides long-term support that can be used to enhance programs, research, facilities and equipment. It also provides visibility of donor support for the programs of the College.
Director of Development
Engineering East 290
Tax planning is an important aspect of charitable giving. Laws are purposely designed to encourage charitable giving by lowering the cost of making a donation. The California State University, Fresno Foundation encourages donors to consult their personal tax and legal advisors in regard to all charitable gifts.