Four Main Educational Messages
1. Know How to Specify an Efficient Pump
This part of the educational message explains the basics of pump operation and what you need to know in order to install an efficient pumping plant. Key concepts are:
- an introduction to the pump performance curve
- pumping plant efficiency concepts
- the pump operating condition (combination of water flow and pressure produced by the pump)
- different types of pumps
- identifying the normal operating condition
- variable frequency drives are demonstrated and discussed
Specifing Brochure (Link)
An important aspect of maintenance is the pump efficiency test. In this part of the education message, the measurements and calculations reported are explained. Most importantly you are shown how the results of the test can help you to judge when best to retrofit/repair a pump.
Pump Efficiency Tests Brochure
Each irrigation should have a purpose- put a specific amount of water in a specific volume of soil, as uniformly as possible. Here you will be introduced to simple techniques for planning an irrigation and then judging how efficient the irrigation was.
Schedule Brochure and Slide Rule
4. Know How Much Water has Been Pumped
You need to measure water to manage water. The different types of flow meters will be identified and discussed. Just as important as the meter itself is the installation. There are certain requirements that must be met in order to provide accurate measurements.
Flowmeter Brochure (Link)