Grape and Wine Industry Career-Building Events
The Department of Viticulture and Enology recognizes the importance of making connections between our students and the grape and wine industry. The following career-related activities provide networking opportunities that continue to benefit our students and the grape and wine industry.
Annual Viticulture and Enology Internship and Career Fair
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual Internship and career fair for students interested in careers in the grape and wine industry. Students are encouraged to come prepared (with resumes in hand) to meet employer representatives from various companies and organizations seeking to hire qualified students from Fresno State. This annual event is held during the spring semester on campus.
2015: Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Employers: Click here to register for 2015
Coming Soon! List of 2015 Participating Employers
Annual Viticulture and Enology Resume Workshop and Industry Panel
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual resume workshop where students are able to meet face-to-face with experienced members of the grape and wine industry to review and critique their resumes. The workshop also includes a Q&A panel featuring several industry guests where students are able to ask questions and receive real-world advice on a variety of topics and issues such as what to expect during the interview process, working for large vs small companies, skills needed to stand out in the grape and wine industry, and salary expectations.
Students who have participated in this workshop indicate that this event is one of the most helpful career-related activities they have attended. This annual workshop is held during the fall semester and is intended to prepare students for the Department of Viticulture and Enology's Internship and Career Fair held each spring.
2014: December 3, 2014
Our last resume workshop was held on December 3, 2014 and featured the following industry experts.
- Bryan Anthony*, Grower Relations Manager, Napa Valley based winery
- John Arellano*, Field Representative, Duarte Nursery
- Greg Clark*, Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer, Napa County
- Brian Clements*, Vice President/Partner, Turrentine Brokerage
- John Giannini*, Winemaker
- Simon Graves*, Director of Vineyard Operations, Treasury Wine Estates
- John McLoughlin, Vigneron, Cellar 433/Dragoon Mountain Vineyard, Arizona
- Emilio Miranda*, Viticulturist, Allied Grape Growers
- Lori Pywtorak, Winemaker, Delicato Family Vineyards (Monterey)
- Dan Rodrigues*, Lecturer, Cal Poly SLO and Vineyard Consultant, Vina Quest LLC
- Donna Stuart, Talent Acquisitions Manager, Delicato Family Vineyards
- Chris Willis*, Winemaker, E & J Gallo Winery
Our 2013 Resume Workshop Presenters:
- Jennifer Barak*, Ridge Vineyards
- Mike Borboa*, Oak Ridge Winery
- Hugh Callison*, Constellation Brands
- Audra Cooper*, Turrentine Brokerage
- Simon Graves*, Treasury Estates
- Matt Heil*, Caymus Vineyards
- Tim Holt*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Amanda Ingram*, The Wine Group
- Jeff Oliver, Oliver Search Consulting
* Fresno State (Viticulture/Enology) Alumni
This website will be updated regularly, please check back for more details.