Grape and Wine Industry Career-Building Events
The Department of Viticulture and Enology recognizes the importance of making connections between our students and the grape and wine industry. The following two career-related activities provide networking opportunities that continue to benefit our students and the grape and wine industry.
Annual Viticulture and Enology Resume Workshop and Industry Panel - Fall Semester
- November 30, 2016
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual resume workshop where students are able to meet face-to-face with experienced members of the grape and wine industry to review and critique their resumes. The workshop also includes a Q&A panel featuring industry guests. Students are able to ask questions and receive real-world advice on a variety of topics and issues such as what to expect during the interview process, working for a large vs small company, skills needed to stand out in the grape and wine industry, and salary expectations.
Students who have participated in this workshop indicate that this event is one of
the most helpful career-related activities they have attended. This annual workshop
is held during the fall semester and is intended to prepare students for the Department
of Viticulture and Enology's Internship and Career Fair held each spring.
*Refer to a participating list of experts below!
Annual Viticulture and Enology Internship and Career Fair - Spring Semester - February 8, 2017
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual Internship and career fair for students interested in careers in the grape and wine industry. Students are encouraged to come prepared (with resumes in hand) to meet employer representatives from various companies and organizations seeking to hire qualified students from Fresno State. This annual event is held during the spring semester on campus.
List of 2017 employers currently registered
Agajanian Vineyards and Wine Company - Agajanian Vineyards & Wine Company (AV) is a winegrape grower and vintner. We also provide winegrape management services, premium bulk wine, bulk juice, and varietal concentrate for wineries and negociant brands. We have an in-house winemaker and offer a bottling program with package design and domestic/export assistance. AV's mission is to source the needs for the market with a staff that has grown up in the vineyards for over 50 years with offices in Napa, Central Coast and Central Valley.
Bronco Wine Company - As a family-owned, integrated wine company, our corporate culture is derived from our forefathers' ambition, work ethic, ingenuity and experiences. With a family history in California winemaking that dates back four generations and over 100 years, our culture us an outgrowth of visionary leadership, an entrepreneurial spirit and way of life where wine, food, family, and friends are blessings we count every day.
Constellation Brands - Constellation Brands (CBI) is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits. Constellation is the No. 3 beer company in the U.S. with high end, imported brands including Corona, Modelo Especial, Pacifico and Victoria. CBI is also the world's leader in premium wine with brands that people love including Robert Mondavi, Estancia, Wild Horse, Clos du Bois, Mark West, Meiomi, Franciscan. Spirits include SVEDA and Casa Noble Tequila.
Delicato Family Vineyards - Delicato Family Vineyards is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the world, celebrating 90+ years of California winemaking and grape growing heritage. Family-owned and operated since the company's founding in 1924, three generations of Indelicato family have fostered the winery's commitment to innovation, quality and environmental stewardship - cornerstones that have harnessed the family's long-term focus and solidified the winery as an internationally recognized leader in the industry.
Grapery, Inc. - Grapery is a table grape production company located in Kern and Tulare Counties founded in 1996. The strategic focus of Grapery is to deliver WOW flavor to our customers consistently. Grapery produces several unique proprietary varieties such as Cotton Candy, Flavor Promise, MoonDrops, GumDrops and Tear Drops. We maintain an extensive testing program for new varieties.
E. & J. Gallo Winery - Founded by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo in 1933 in Modesto, California, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world’s largest family-owned winery and the acclaimed producer of award-winning wines and spirits featured in more than 90 countries around the globe. A pioneer in the art of grape growing, winemaking, sustainable practices, marketing and worldwide distribution, Gallo crafts and imports wines and spirits to suit a diverse range of tastes and occasions.
Scheid Vineyards - In our 45th year of farming, we own eleven estate vineyards located along a 70-mile spread of the Salinas Valley. We built a state-of-the-art winery with a crushing capacity of 30,000 tons, as well as a smaller Reserve Winery where the small production wines of Scheid Vineyards are crafted. With 4,000 acres of vineyards, we sell the some of our production as custom-made wines to other wineries. Our state of the art bottling facility has just reached a half-million cases in production.
The Wine Group- The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic.
Treasury Wine Estates - Treasury Wine Estates is one of the world's largest wine companies that is traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We believe in creating a culture that delivers sustainable growth - for our people, our business and our customers. We have a passion for wine that is reflected in our behavior and in everything we do. Our bands are amongst the most recognized and awarded in the world including Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap and Provenance.
Trinchero Family Estates - Trinchero Family Estates was founded in 1948 when the Trinchero Family purchased the Sutter Home winery and Bob Trinchero infamously created White Zinfandel – the wine that changed the way American’s enjoy wine. Trinchero Family Estates has been carrying on the tradition of innovation and the family values for more than 65 years and has grown into the second largest family-owned wine company in the country.
Vino Farms - Vino Farms is a third-generation family run vineyard management company responsible for producing high quality wine grapes in a sustainable and profitable manner for our clients. The company has a long history of integrity and is considered an industry leader. We are a dynamic company which provides an exciting, fast paced environment, a competitive compensation and a robust benefit plan.
Participating Employers who were at our 2016 Career Fair!
- Bronco Wine Company
- Cairdean Estate
- Cakebread Cellars
- Constellation Brands
- Delicato Family Vineyards
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Ficklin Vineyards
- Jackson Family Wines
- Morse Wines/ II Gioiello Winery
- O'Neill Vintners & Distillers
- Scotto Family Cellars
- Stefanelli Distributing Company
- Sunview Vineyards of California, Inc.
- Testarossa Winery
- Treasury Wine Estates
- The Wine Group
- Trinchero Family Estates
Industry Experts at our Resume Workshops
Industry experts that attended the November 30, 2016 Resume Workshop:
- John Allbaugh, Bronco Wine Company
- Todd Berg*, Trinchero Family Estates
- Jeff Bitter*, Allied Grape Growers
- Jose Calderon*, Constant Wines
- Steven Cobb*, Scheid Vineyards
- Scot Dahlstrom*, The Wine Group
- Cathy Ference*, Treasury Wine Estate
- John Giannini*, Van Ruiten Vineyards
- Simon Graves*, Treasury Wine Estates
- Monica Meiners, Constellation Brands
- Lauryn Meissner*, Treasury Wine Estates
- Emilio Miranda*, Allied Grape Growers
- Shauna Silva, The Wine Group
- Chris Willis*, E & J Gallo Winery
Industry experts that attended the December 2, 2015 Resume Workshop:
- John Arellano*, Duarte Nursery
- Jeff Bitter*, Allied Grape Growers
- Madelyn Crawford*, Cairdean Winery
- James Ewart, Delicato Monterey Winery
- Steve McIntyre*, Monterey Pacific, Inc.
- Monica Meiners (HR), Constellation Brands
- Pete Richmond*, Silverado Farming
- Joseph Shoffner*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Michelle Vandergon*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Chris Willis*, E & J Gallo Winery
Industry experts that attended the December 3, 2014 Resume Workshop:
- Bryan Anthony*, Grower Relations Manager, Napa Valley based winery
- John Arellano*, Field Representative, Duarte Nursery
- Greg Clark*, Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer, Napa County
- Brian Clements*, Vice President/Partner, Turrentine Brokerage
- John Giannini*, Winemaker
- Simon Graves*, Director of Vineyard Operations, Treasury Wine Estates
- John McLoughlin, Vigneron, Cellar 433/Dragoon Mountain Vineyard, Arizona
- Emilio Miranda*, Viticulturist, Allied Grape Growers
- Lori Pywtorak, Winemaker, Delicato Family Vineyards (Monterey)
- Dan Rodrigues*, Lecturer, Cal Poly SLO and Vineyard Consultant, Vina Quest LLC
- Donna Stuart, Talent Acquisitions Manager, Delicato Family Vineyards
- Chris Willis*, Winemaker, E & J Gallo Winery
Our 2013 Resume Workshop Presenters:
- Jennifer Barak*, Ridge Vineyards
- Mike Borboa*, Oak Ridge Winery
- Hugh Callison*, Constellation Brands
- Audra Cooper*, Turrentine Brokerage
- Simon Graves*, Treasury Estates
- Matt Heil*, Caymus Vineyards
- Tim Holt*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Amanda Ingram*, The Wine Group
- Jeff Oliver, Oliver Search Consulting
* Fresno State (Viticulture/Enology) Alumni
This website will be updated regularly, please check back for more details.