Grape and Wine Industry Career-Building Events
The Department of Viticulture and Enology recognizes the importance of making connections between our students and the grape and wine industry. The following two career-related activities provide networking opportunities that continue to benefit our students and the grape and wine industry.
Annual Viticulture and Enology Resume Workshop and Industry Panel - Fall Semester
- November 30, 2016
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual resume workshop where students are able to meet face-to-face with experienced members of the grape and wine industry to review and critique their resumes. The workshop also includes a Q&A panel featuring industry guests. Students are able to ask questions and receive real-world advice on a variety of topics and issues such as what to expect during the interview process, working for a large vs small company, skills needed to stand out in the grape and wine industry, and salary expectations.
Students who have participated in this workshop indicate that this event is one of
the most helpful career-related activities they have attended. This annual workshop
is held during the fall semester and is intended to prepare students for the Department
of Viticulture and Enology's Internship and Career Fair held each spring.
*Refer to a participating list of experts below!
Annual Viticulture and Enology Internship and Career Fair - Spring Semester - February 8, 2017
The Department of Viticulture and Enology hosts an annual Internship and career fair for students interested in careers in the grape and wine industry. Students are encouraged to come prepared (with resumes in hand) to meet employer representatives from various companies and organizations seeking to hire qualified students from Fresno State. This annual event is held during the spring semester on campus.
Participating Employers who were at our 2016 Career Fair!
- Bronco Wine Company
- Cairdean Estate
- Cakebread Cellars
- Constellation Brands
- Delicato Family Vineyards
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Ficklin Vineyards
- Jackson Family Wines
- Morse Wines/ II Gioiello Winery
- O'Neill Vintners & Distillers
- Scotto Family Cellars
- Stefanelli Distributing Company
- Sunview Vineyards of California, Inc.
- Testarossa Winery
- Treasury Wine Estates
- The Wine Group
- Trinchero Family Estates
Industry Experts at our Resume Workshops
Industry experts that attended the December 2, 2015 Resume Workshop:
- John Arellano*, Duarte Nursery
- Jeff Bitter*, Allied Grape Growers
- Madelyn Crawford*, Cairdean Winery
- James Ewart, Delicato Monterey Winery
- Steve McIntyre*, Monterey Pacific, Inc.
- Monica Meiners (HR), Constellation Brands
- Pete Richmond*, Silverado Farming
- Joseph Shoffner*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Michelle Vandergon*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Chris Willis*, E & J Gallo Winery
Industry experts that attended the December 3, 2014 Resume Workshop:
- Bryan Anthony*, Grower Relations Manager, Napa Valley based winery
- John Arellano*, Field Representative, Duarte Nursery
- Greg Clark*, Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer, Napa County
- Brian Clements*, Vice President/Partner, Turrentine Brokerage
- John Giannini*, Winemaker
- Simon Graves*, Director of Vineyard Operations, Treasury Wine Estates
- John McLoughlin, Vigneron, Cellar 433/Dragoon Mountain Vineyard, Arizona
- Emilio Miranda*, Viticulturist, Allied Grape Growers
- Lori Pywtorak, Winemaker, Delicato Family Vineyards (Monterey)
- Dan Rodrigues*, Lecturer, Cal Poly SLO and Vineyard Consultant, Vina Quest LLC
- Donna Stuart, Talent Acquisitions Manager, Delicato Family Vineyards
- Chris Willis*, Winemaker, E & J Gallo Winery
Our 2013 Resume Workshop Presenters:
- Jennifer Barak*, Ridge Vineyards
- Mike Borboa*, Oak Ridge Winery
- Hugh Callison*, Constellation Brands
- Audra Cooper*, Turrentine Brokerage
- Simon Graves*, Treasury Estates
- Matt Heil*, Caymus Vineyards
- Tim Holt*, E & J Gallo Winery
- Amanda Ingram*, The Wine Group
- Jeff Oliver, Oliver Search Consulting
* Fresno State (Viticulture/Enology) Alumni
This website will be updated regularly, please check back for more details.