The Fresno Family Counseling Center is uniquely poised to address the mental health issues in the region. The nationally recognized Fresno Family Counseling Center provides low cost counseling services and is on track to provide excess of 10,000 hours a year, for people of all ages. For more than 29 years, the Fresno Family Counseling Center has been committed to its mission of addressing the mental health needs of the Fresno area. These services are provided by advanced graduate students enrolled in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at Fresno State and post-graduate MFT interns who work under the supervision of Fresno State Faculty who are licensed professionals.
Christopher Lucey, PhD. LMFT
Kyle Weir, PhD. LMFT
Juan C. Garcia, PhD. LMFT
Ruth Shaeffer, EdD. LMFT
Maira Hernandez, M.S.
Fresno Family Counseling Center provides a full range of counseling services to assist individuals and families in addressing issues related to social, marital and family adjustment. We provide a supportive environment to help you discover workable solutions to your personal and family challenges. Our "team" approach is brief and highly affective.
We provide Affordable Professional Counseling Services for:
Our therapists can help you with:
- Depression and Hopelessness
- Couple and Family Distress and Conflict
- Child Behavior Problems
- Communication Problems
- Family Adjustment to Divorce
- Intimacy Concerns
- Parenting Skills
- Partner-Relational Issues
- School-Related Concerns
- Adolescent Issues
- Anger and Guilt
- Blended Family Issues
- Stress and Anxiety
We also offer:
- Anger Management Classes
- Parenting Classes
- Adolescent Groups
- Women’s Group
- Postpartum Depression Group
- Bilingual services
Fees range from $30 to $60 for the first session and $20 to $50 for subsequent sessions based on household income. Fees are used to support the operation of the Fresno Family Counseling Center and are collected before each session.
Fresno Family Counseling Center Celebration
Reunion and Gift Announcement
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Smittcamp Alumni House
5:30pm - 7:00pm
- University-sponsored counseling centers modeled after FFCC have been established in Bowling Green, Kentucky and Vancouver, Canada.
- Recognized as an Exemplary Program by the Western Association of Counselor Education and Supervision.
- Established a collaborative research venture with the Theraplay® Institute to provide specialized play therapy sessions focused on adoptive families.
- Only Fresno area mental health center that performs family therapy in its traditional and most effective format.
- Anger management, parenting, women support, and post-partum depression groups are offered in English and Spanish.
Contact Information and Directions
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call
3720 N. First St.
Fresno, CA 93726
Located on the southeast corner of First and Dakota From Highway 41 NORTH:
• Exit Shields Avenue, stay in right lane
• Turn Right onto Shields (0.6 mi)
• Turn Left onto First Street (0.4 mi) From Highway 41 SOUTH:
• Exit Shields Avenue, stay in left lane
• Turn Left onto Shields Avenue (0.8 mi)
• Turn Left onto First Street (0.4 mi)