We welcome you to the Asian Faculty & Staff Association (AFSA) at Fresno State!
Come join us to work on issues, activities & programs that will enrich us all as professionals!
Why Should I Join AFSA?
AFSA was founded at Fresno State in December 2008, and is seeking faculty and staff interested in supporting Asian and Asian-American issues and activities on campus. AFSA Purposes include:
- Utilize membership dues to award book scholarships for students.
- Host regular monthly meetings and assorted social gatherings for AFSA members and co-host holiday events with other faculty and staff associations on campus.
- Sponsor, support and partner with other groups to promote and host Asian-related cultural activities on campus and elsewhere.
- Afford opportunities for faculty and staff across campus to meet, interact, and socialize both formally and informally on a regular basis.
- Support the Asian American Studies Program Coordinator and students.
- Provide enhanced opportunities and funding to develop, enhance, and nurture professional leadership, communication, and organizational skills as part of a well-regarded campus organization.
How to join AFSA?
Copy the following text to your e-mail, type or choose the appropriate information in the brackets, and e-mail the text to Gil Kim at email@example.com.
My name is [FirstName (OtherName) LastName], and I am a [faculty or staff] member in the Department of [DepartmentName], [CollegeName] at Fresno State. I would like to join AFSA and will abide with the Bylaws of AFSA. I am forwarding my annual membership fee of fifteen dollars ($15) in [cash or check or other ways] through [campus mail (Mail Stop PB 20) or other ways].
AFSA Application Form (PDF, 200 kb)Current and Previous Board Members