How to Apply for Undergraduate Degree
Students who anticipate meeting bachelor's degree requirements by the end of a term, should submit an application for a degree to the Degree Advising Office within the first four weeks of that term. Failure to apply before the final deadline will delay the granting of the degree.
Degree Advisors review students' requirements for bachelor's degrees by date order and send status report directly to the student’s email.
Degrees are not awarded to students with I (incomplete) or RD (report delayed) grades remaining on their records. Students receiving incomplete grades during the final year that have not been completed (or changed to F or IC grades) by the appropriate clearance deadline, will not be considered for graduation that semester and must reapply for the degree.
In order to be eligible for graduation, students must:
- Submit an application for the degree and pay the graduation fee
- Have completed with appropriate scholastic standing all courses required for the degree.
- Have filed official transcripts for all coursework attempted prior to graduation
Apply to Graduate (Baccalaureate Degree)
Baccalaureate degrees are not granted automatically when students complete degree requirements. You must apply for graduation.
- Confirm Undergraduate Degree Deadlines
- During the filing period, file your degree application and pay the $35.00 non-refundable filing fees by using the online Undergraduate Degree Application Steps through your Student Center > My Academic Records & Registration > Apply for Undergraduate Degree. File your application as early as possible to receive a timely response.
- After you apply for graduation, and your application has been reviewed, your Degree Advisor Degree will send you an email to your Fresno State email account with your graduation status.
- Students receiving a baccalaureate degree and intending to continue for post-baccalaureate and graduate study at Fresno State must re-apply for admission at Cal State Apply and pay the non-refundable application fee.
Honors at Graduation
Honors at the time of graduation from the university are awarded to undergraduate students based on the following criteria:
- Students must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.5 on all work attempted.
- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on all work taken at the university.
- Students must have completed 45 units in residence at California State University, Fresno.
The grade point average earned at Fresno State determines which honors the student receives:
Summa Cum Laude (highest honors) 3.90 to 4.00
Magna Cum Laude (high honors) 3.70 to 3.89
Cum Laude (honors) 3.50 to 3.69
Since the requirement for honors could change, students are requested to check the current General Catalog for the criteria in effect at the time of graduation.