Campus to Career Made Easier...
Welcome! At any stage in the college experience, students and alumni can meet with a career counselor to clarify their career direction, ensure they are prepared to market themselves well or to develop a personalized job search approach. Employer events, an on-campus recruiting program and on-line job listing systems can maximize an individual's access to career opportunities.
Students can maximize their transition to career success by regularly utilizing all that is available or choosing only those features that best fit individual needs. You control your level of participation in our services. We’re here to help along the way.
Self Assessments, Major, and Career Exploration
Eureka, California Career Zone, Occupational Outlook Handbook, O*Net, Keirsey Temperament Sorter, Career-Leader College, Career Library, and Computer Resource Lab
Develop a Resume
OptimalResume, Walk-in Resume Critiques
Job Search Preparation
Optimal Letter, Optimal Interview, Mock Interviews, Salary/Industry Trends
Connect with Employers
Career Fairs, Networking Mixers
Locate a Job
BulldogLink, On-Campus Recruitment
Part-time Internship, Full-Time Opportunities, Community Service Scholarship Program
Plan for Graduate School
Application Process, Personal Statement Review
Make the Transition from Campus to Life After College
Senior Experience, Life After College Mini Conference
Approaching graduation and preparing for life after undergraduate studies can be a daunting challenge. Career Services currently manages the university’s Senior Experience program, an initiative to develop, coordinate, and facilitate resources, activities and events to celebrate undergraduate student attainment of senior status or that help undergraduate seniors cope with the impending change of transitioning out of the college setting to the workplace or advanced study (Graduate School). The Senior Experience website at www.fresnostate.edu/seniorexperience includes detailed information about this program, including a schedule of upcoming activities and events.
Career Services, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, supports the mission of the University by enhancing student career success through increased self-knowledge, career literacy, job-search preparation and expanded opportunities to connect with employers.
Career Services makes the transition from campus to career easy for our constituents and powers our employer workforces.
We focus on the following characteristics/strategies to achieve this vision as a premier center at an engaged university:
- Comprehensive: offer comprehensive services that support student career decision making and development throughout the college experience while continuing to provide services to alumni.
- Educationally-focused: inform our campus about career issues, opportunities, career competencies and job market trends and inform our community of employers about trends in the college marketplace.
- Convenient and Technologically Advanced: provide easily accessible services, convenient hours of operation, and flexible service delivery (constituents can access the office and its services 24/7, through sophisticated, interactive Web services).
- Interconnected with Constituents: develop strong employer services and outreach initiatives by facilitating convenient, friendly and productive campus visits that enhance employer relations with campus constituents; promoting engaged partnerships with faculty, staff and student leaders; and providing greater opportunities for company visibility and participation in the educational process.
- Assessment Driven/Outcomes Oriented: assess programs and make available key information for campus and community constituents on career development activity and career outcomes.
- Competently and Effectively Staffed: demonstrate interest in maximizing the expertise and potential of human resources, investing resources in improving staff knowledge and utilization.
Inclusive: utilize a proactive
approach in cultivating an environment which respects and
supports diversity; mindful of providing services which address
the unique needs and special interests of various populations.