Fall 2013 Semester Calendar
(dates subject to change)
Monday, April 22 - Friday, April 26
Fall 2012 Early Registration for continuing students and new post-baccalaureate students begins.
Monday, May 20 - Friday, June 14
Application period of MASTER'S and BACHELOR'S DEGREE to be granted in August 2012.
Monday, May 20
Summer Term classes begin.
Monday, May 27
MEMORIAL DAY - campus closed.
Wednesday, June 12 - Friday, June 28
Fall 2012"DOG DAYS" sessions.
Friday, June 28
Last day for faculty to submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approval petitions, departmental approvals, transfer transcripts) required for graduation with a BACCALAUREATE DEGREE at the end of the Spring 2013 semester.
Tuesday, July 2 - Wednesday, July 17
Fall 2013 "DOG DAYS" sessions.
Thursday, July 4
FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY OBSERVED- campus closed.
Friday, July 26
Tuition and other fees must be received on campus by 3:30 p.m. or paid on-line by midnight. Students will be cancelled for non-payment of fees. (Subject to change based on CSU Board of Trustees action)
Saturday, July 27 - Wednesday, July, 31
The registration system will be unavailable for registration/add/drop activity.
Thursday, August 1
The registration system will be reopen for registration/add/drop activity. Open registration begins.
Wednesday, August 21
Last day to submit a complete withdrawal for the Fall 2013 semester to receive 100% refund of tuition and other fees.
Thursday, August 22 - Thursday, August 29
FRESNO STATE WELCOME.
Thursday, August 22
FALL 2013 SEMESTER INSTRUCTION BEGINS
- Refunds for complete withdrawal will be determined based on the date of the student's withdrawal on a pro-rated basis up through October 28, 2013.
- APPLICATION PERIOD BEGINS for degree to be granted in December 2013.
Monday, September 2
LABOR DAY - campus closed.
Thursday, September 5
LAST DAY TO:
- Add a class without permission. Last day to add with permission is September 19.
- Be eligible for a refund of tuition and other fees due to drop in units from full-time to part-time.
- Register for Credit by Examination.
Tuition and other fees will be determined by the number of units enrolled as of this date.
Class schedule adjustments (add, drop, swap) made after this date may result in a change in fee status from part-time to full-time.
Friday, September 6
Last day to file for MASTER'S degrees for December 2013.
Saturday, September 14
Thursday, September 19
CENSUS DATE. LAST DAY TO:
- Add a class with permission.
- Drop a class online without permission and without a serious and compelling reason. Drops after this date must have a serious and compelling reason and will have a grade of "W" listed on official University transcript.
- Change to/from CR-NC grading.
- Take examination for Credit by Examination.
- Change from credit to audit or audit to credit registration.
Friday, September 20
Last day to file for BACCALAUREATE degrees for December 2013.
Monday, September 23
Last day for graduate students to apply for Advancement to Candidacy this semester to be eligible for graduation in May 2014.
Thursday, October 3
Last day for faculty to submit Credit by Examination grades.
Monday, October 21
Last day to file edited, committee-approved MASTER'S THESIS for December 2013 graduation.
Monday, October 28
Last day to submit a complete withdrawal and be eligible for a pro-rated refund of tuition and other fees and/or tuition fees. No refunds will be granted after this date.
Monday, November 4
Registration and Add/Drop for Spring 2014 begins.
Monday, November 11
VETERANS DAY OBSERVED- campus closed.
Tuesday, November 19
Last day to drop/withdraw classes for serious and compelling reason. Only drop/withdrawal for circumstances beyond the student's control, is allowed after this date.
Wednesday, November 27
THANKSGIVING RECESS - no classes, offices open.
Thursday, November 28 - Friday, November 29
THANKSGIVING RECESS - campus closed.
Wednesday, December 11
Last day of instruction. Last day TO DROP (individual course)/WITHDRAW (complete program) for circumstances beyond the student's control.
Thursday, December 12 - Friday, December 13
Final exam preparation and faculty consultation days.
Monday, December 16 - Thursday, December 19
Monday, December 16
Fall 2012 grades available to students on a daily basis beginning this date.
Friday, December 20
LAST DAY TO:
- Submit incomplete make-up work or request extension of time for incomplete grades from Fall 2012.
Tuesday, December 24
LAST DAY TO:
- Submit to the Graduate Office departmental clearance paperwork on behalf of December 2013 MASTER'S DEGREE candidates (include a copy of the completed final report on incomplete or in-progress work, if needed for graduation)
Wednesday, December 25 - Friday, January 10
Wednesday, December 25 - Tuesday, December 31
Monday, December 30
Deadline for faculty to enter Fall 2013 grades.
Wednesday, January 1
Friday, January 10
Last day faculty can make on-line grade changes for Fall 2013.
Friday, January 31
Last day for faculty to submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approved petitions, department approvals, transfer transcripts) required for Fall 2013 graduation.