Spring 2013 Semester Calendar
(dates subject to change)
Monday, October 22
Spring 2013 Class Schedule available on the web.
Monday, November 5- Friday, December 7
Spring 2013 Early Registration Cycle.
Monday, November 12
Veterans Day - Campus Closed
Wednesday, November 21
THANKSGIVING RECESS - no classes, offices will post hours.
Thursday, November 22 - Friday, November 23
THANKSGIVING RECESS - campus closed
Wednesday, December 12
Registration/Tuition Fees for Spring 2013 Early Registration students must be received on campus by 5:00 p.m., or paid on-line by midnight. Students will be cancelled for non-payment of fees.
Thursday, December 13- Monday, December 17
The registration systems will be unavailable for registration/add/drop activity.
Tuesday, December 18
Open Registration begins
• No registration appointment is needed
• Enrollment limits are increased for certain student populations
Friday, December 21
LAST DAY TO:
•Submit incomplete make-up work or request extension of time for incomplete grades from Fall 2011.
•Submit to the Graduate Office departmental clearance paperwork on behalf of December 2012 Masters Degree candidates (include a copy of the completed final report on incomplete or in-progress work, if needed for graduation).
Tuesday, December 25 -Tuesday, January 1
Tuesday, January 1
First day to file a 2013-2014 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Financial Aid recommends filing by our priority deadline of March 2.
Wednesday, January 16
Last day to drop/withdraw for the Spring 2013 semester to receive a 100% refund of registration fees and/or tuition fees.
Thursday, January 17
SPRING 2013 SEMESTER INSTRUCTION BEGINS.
• Refunds for complete withdrawals will be determined based on the date of the student's withdrawal on a pro-rated basis up through March 29, 2013
• Parking Enforcement begins.
• APPLICATION PERIOD BEGINS for degree to be granted in May 2013.
Monday, January 21
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY - campus closed.
Thursday, January 31
LAST DAY TO:
• Add a class without permission. Last day to add with permission is February 13.
• Register for Credit by Examination.
• Be eligible for a refund of registration fees due to drop in unit load. Registration fees will be determined by the number of units enrolled as of this date. A partial refund from full-time to part-time will not be granted after this date.
•(FACULTY) Administratively drop a student for non-attendance or not meeting the proper pre-requisites for a course.
Friday, February 1
LAST DAY TO:
• File for BACCALAUREATE AND MASTER'S Degrees for May 2013.
• Submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approved petitions, departmental approvals, transfer transcripts) required for graduation with a BACCALAUREATE DEGREE at the end of Fall 2012 semester.
Sunday, February 10
Chinese New Year
Thursday, February 14
LAST DAY TO:
• Add a class with permission.
• Drop a course on-line without a serious and compelling reason and without a grade of "W" listed on official University transcript.
• Change to/from CR-NC grading.
• Change from credit to audit or audit to credit registration.
• Take examination for Credit by Examination.
Monday, February 18
PRESIDENT'S DAY - campus closed
Monday , February 25
Last day for graduate students to apply for Advancement to Candidacy to be eligible for graduation in August 2013 or December 2013 .
Thursday, February 28
Last day for faculty to submit Credit by Examination grades.
Saturday, March 2
Priority filing deadline for Financial Aid for Academic Year 2013-2014.
Monday, March 11
Last day to file edited, committee-approved MASTER'S THESIS for May 2013 graduation.
Friday, March 29
Last day to submit a complete withdrawal and be eligible for a pro-rated refund of registration fees and/or tuition fees. No refunds will be granted after this date.
Monday, March 25 - Friday, March 29
Sunday, March 31
Monday, April 1
CESAR CHAVEZ HOLIDAY - campus closed.
Tuesday, April 16
Last day to drop classes for serious and compelling reasons. Only complete withdrawal from the University, for circumstances beyond the student's control, is allowed after this date.
Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21
Monday, April 22
Fall 2013 Registration begins for continuing students.
Wednesday, May 8
LAST DAY OF INSTRUCTION.
LAST DAY TO DROP (individual course) or WITHDRAW (complete program) for circumstances beyond the student's control.
Thursday, May 9 - Friday, May 10
Final exam preparation and faculty consultation days.
Monday, May 13- Thursday, May 16
Friday, May 17
LAST DAY TO:
• Submit incomplete make-up work or request extension of time for incomplete grades from Spring 2012.
• Submit to the Graduate Office departmental clearance paperwork on behalf of May 2013 MASTER'S DEGREE candidates (include a copy of the completed final report on incomplete or in progress work, if needed for graduation).
Saturday, May 18
102nd ANNUAL COMMENCEMENT
Monday, May 27
MEMORIAL DAY - campus closed
Tuesday, May 28
Last day for faculty to enter Spring 2013 grades.
Friday, June 28
Last day for faculty to submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approved petitions, department approvals, transfer transcripts) required for Spring 2013 graduation.