Spring 2014 Semester Calendar
(dates subject to change)
Tuesday, October 15
Spring 2014 Class Schedule available on the web
Monday, November 4- Friday, December 6
Spring 2014 Early Registration Cycle
Monday, November 11
Veterans Day - Campus Closed
Wednesday, November 27
THANKSGIVING RECESS - no classes, offices will post hours.
Thursday, November 28 - Friday, November 29
THANKSGIVING RECESS - campus closed
Friday, December 6
Registration/Tuition Fees for spring 2014 Early Registration must be received on campus by 5:00 p.m., or paid on-line by midnight. Students will be cancelled for non-payment of fees.
Saturday, December 7- Wednesday, December 11
The registration systems will be unavailable for registration/add/drop activity.
Thursday, December 12
Open Registration begins
• No registration appointment is needed
• Enrollment limits are increased for certain student populations
Tuesday, December 24
LAST DAY TO:
•Submit incomplete make-up work or request extension of time for incomplete grades from fall 2012.
•Submit to the Graduate Office departmental clearance paperwork on behalf of December 2013 Master’s Degree candidates (include a copy of the completed final report on incomplete or in-progress work, if needed for graduation).
Wednesday, December 25 -Wednesday, January 1
Wednesday, January 1
First day to file a 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Financial Aid recommends filing by our priority deadline of March 2.
Wednesday, January 15
Last day to drop/withdraw for the spring 2014 semester to receive a 100% refund of registration fees and/or tuition fees.
Thursday, January 16
SPRING 2014 SEMESTER INSTRUCTION BEGINS
• Refunds for complete withdrawals will be determined based on the date of the student's withdrawal on a pro-rated basis up through March 22, 2014
• Parking Enforcement begins
• APPLICATION PERIOD BEGINS for degree to be granted in May 2014
Monday, January 20
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY - campus closed
Thursday, January 30
LAST DAY TO:
• Add a class without permission. Last day to add with permission is February 13, 2014
• Add a class by Wait List
• Register for Credit by Examination
• Be eligible for a refund of registration fees due to drop in unit load. Registration fees will be determined by the number of units enrolled as of this date. A partial refund from full-time to part-time will not be granted after this date.
• (FACULTY) Administratively drop a student for non-attendance or not meeting the proper pre-requisites for a course.
Friday, January 31
LAST DAY TO:
• File for MASTER'S Degrees for May 2014
• Submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approved petitions, departmental approvals, transfer transcripts) required for graduation with a BACCALAUREATE DEGREE at the end of fall 2013 semester
• Chinese New Year
Thursday, February 13
LAST DAY TO:
• Add a class with permission
• Drop a course on-line without a serious and compelling reason and without a grade of "W" listed on official University transcript
• Change to/from CR-NC grading
• Change from credit to audit or audit to credit registration
• Take examination for Credit by Examination
Friday, February 14
Last day to file for BACCALAUREATE Degrees for May 2014
Monday, February 17
PRESIDENTS’ DAY - campus closed
Monday, February 24
Last day for graduate students to apply for Advancement to Candidacy, to be eligible for graduation in August 2014 or December 2014.
Thursday, February 27
Last day for faculty to submit Credit by Examination grades.
Sunday, March 2
Priority filing deadline for Financial Aid for Academic Year 2014-2015
Monday, March 10
Last day to file edited, committee-approved MASTER'S THESIS for May 2014 graduation.
Friday, March 21
Last day to submit a complete withdrawal and be eligible for a pro-rated refund of registration fees and/or tuition fees. No refunds will be granted after this date.
Monday, March 31
CESAR CHAVEZ HOLIDAY - campus closed
Monday, April 14 - Friday, April 18
Tuesday, April 15
Last day to drop classes for serious and compelling reasons. Only complete withdrawals from the University, for circumstances beyond the students’ control, are allowed after this date.
Sunday, April 20
Monday, April 21
Fall 2014 Registration begins for continuing students.
Friday, April 25 - Sunday, April 27
Wednesday, May 7
LAST DAY OF INSTRUCTION
LAST DAY TO DROP (individual course) or WITHDRAW (complete program) for circumstances beyond the students’ control
Thursday, May 8 - Friday, May 9
Final exam preparation and faculty consultation days
Monday, May 12- Thursday, May 15
Friday, May 16
LAST DAY TO:
• Submit incomplete make-up work or request extension of time for incomplete grades from spring 2013
• Submit to the Graduate Office departmental clearance paperwork on behalf of May 2014 MASTER'S DEGREE candidates (include a copy of the completed final report on incomplete or in progress work, if needed for graduation)
Saturday, May 17
103rd ANNUAL COMMENCEMENT
Monday, May 26
MEMORIAL DAY - campus closed
Tuesday, May 27
Last day for faculty to enter spring 2014 grades.
Friday, June 13
Last day for faculty to submit changes and clearances (incomplete grades, approved petitions, department approvals, transfer transcripts) required for spring 2014 graduation