About Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute
The Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute (CVCHI) is dedicated to the celebration and study of the cultural heritage, diversity and contributions of the people of California’s Central Valley. The Institute is also committed to creating a more culturally competent community and supporting a safe environment that welcomes difficult dialogue on controversial issues.
- Foster a supportive environment for multicultural interaction.
- Increase engagement and sense of belonging.
- Bring together academic course content with co-curricular and community activities.
- Contribute to the retention of a diverse student body.
For Campus & Community...
- Reinforce awareness of diversity as a strength.
- Provide campus service, community, and campus expertise.
- Engage the community and campus through:
- Educational Seminars
- Cultural Competency
- Community Service Projects
- Exhibits and Performances
- CVCHI Website
- National Coalition Building Institute
- Stop the Hate Week
- Diversity Awareness Week
- Difficult Dialogues on Controversial Issues
- Women's Herstory Month
- African Peoples' History Month
- Annual Yalda Celebration
- International Education Week
- International Culture Night
- MLK Leadership Conference
- Jan Addams Acknowledgement
- Cesar Chavez Celebration
- Cinco de Mayo
- Disability Awareness Week
- Amerasia Week
- A Day of Silence
- Armenian Commemoration