Services for Students
Welcome to the office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Services for students:
- Notification to faculty regarding extended absences. When students will miss one week or more of class, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management can notify faculty regarding extended absences after verification has been received. This is a courtesy notification and students are encouraged to contact their professors to make arrangements to make up missed class time and/or class work.
- Notification to University community regarding death of a student. Official notices are sent to various units of the University when we receive confirmation that an enrolled student has passed away. Arrangements may be made for refunds of fees, book returns, etc., if applicable.
- Student conduct and information regarding student rights and responsibilities. Violations of the Student Conduct Code or the California Penal Code necessitate University intervention through the Judicial Affairs Officer in the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. In addition, students may come to the office to obtain information and clarification regarding their rights under various University policies.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Issues and questions regarding privacy, access, and disclosure of student educational records may be addressed through the Judicial Affairs Office.
- Military call up. Students called up for active military duty may be assisted by the Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Office in withdrawing from the University and arranging for an expedited return upon discharge. Additional steps may be taken to arrange for fee refunds etc.