What are the Dream Centers at Fresno State?

The Dream Centers at Fresno State are comprised of two centers - Dream Outreach and Dream Success Center - dedicated to meeting the unique needs and challenges faced by undocumented students who pursue a college education.

The Dream Outreach and Success Centers will foster a sense of belonging for students and will facilitate a higher rate of success.

What is the difference between the Dream Outreach Center and the Dream Success Center?

Dream Outreach Center:

The center provides guidance to prospective Dream students at Fresno State.  The Dream Outreach Center provides assistance with matters related to college access, including applying to college, financial aid, scholarships, referrals to comprehensive legal services, and overcoming personal challenges.

The Dream Outreach Center will work to inform educators, students and families about educational options available to undocumented students.

Dream Success Center:

The center provides guidance and holistic services to help currently enrolled Dream students at Fresno State. The Dream Success Center provides: academic advising and support, assistance with transition into Fresno State, emotional well-being, financial aid, scholarships, career development, and referrals to comprehensive legal services.

The Dream Success Center will work to help students persist and graduate.

Who do I need to contact for assistance?

If you are:

  • A prospective student or parent of a prospective student
  • High School counselors/teachers/administrators
  • Community member needing assistance or wanting to collaborate

Please contact the Dream Outreach Center
Raul Moreno, Coordinator

If you are:

  • A currently enrolled Fresno State student
  • Staff/Faculty
  • Community member needing assistance or wanting to collaborate

Please contact the Dream Success Center
Gabriela Encinas, Coordinator

What does it mean to be undocumented?

An undocumented individual is not a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and does not currently possess a “green card”, visa, or other legal documentation.  DACA employment authorization does not qualify as legal documentation.

If I am undocumented can I go to college?

YES. Undocumented students can go to any public college or university in California if they meet admissions requirements.  For more information contact the Dream Outreach Center at 559.278.5750 or www.fresnostate.edu/doc

If I am undocumented, can I apply for financial aid?

If you qualify under AB540 law you qualify for California aid.  You must complete the California Dream Act Application at www.caldreamact.org and follow up with the financial aid office at the school you are attending.


I am attending Fresno State, is there support for undocumented students?

YES. Undocumented students have support via the Dream Success Center.  Please contact the Dream Success Center at 559.278.1554 or www.fresnostate.edu/dsc to schedule an appointment for services and referrals.

As a faculty/staff/alumni or community member, I want to show my support for the Dream Centers at Fresno State. How can I do that?

Your involvement and support will have a direct impact on this region by providing opportunity and access to promote student success.  To learn more about making dreams come true, please contact David Hembree at 559.278.5052 or dhembree@csufresno.edu

If you would like to be involved in the academic success of Dream Students please contact Gabriela Encinas at the Dream Success Center at 559.278.1554 or gencinas@csufresno.edu

If you would like to learn more about college access for Dream students please contact Raul Moreno at the Dream Outreach Center at 559.278.5750 or raulm@csufresno.edu