To be eligible for program services* you need to meet the following requirements:
- Age - You are at least 18 years of age.
- US Legal Residency - You are a citizen or national of the US; or a permanent resident; or are in the US for other than a temporary purpose and provide evidence from INS.
- Lives within our Target Area - Fresno, Madera or Tulare Counties.
- Desires Higher Education - You want to attend a school or college beyond a high school or GED program.
- Meet on or both of the Following - You are from a low income family or neither of your parents graduated or recieved a degree form a four-year college.
Eligibility Criteria is based on the Higher Education Ace of 1965 and 34 CFR part 644 (§644.3) regulations.
* Resources may still be available if these guidelines are not met.
To APPLY download the application and fill it out. Bring it to our office, mail it or call our office to have a counselor speak to you or set up an appointment to meet. There is no charge involved. For additional information or to answer questions, contact our office and staff will be happy to assist you.
To APPLY for services you can download the application and bring it in, or send it to:
Educational Opportunity Center
5241 N. Maple Avenue M/S TA35
Fresno, CA 93740-8023
There is no charge involved. Participants only need to have a desire to pursue a post-secondary education. Additional requests can be obtained by contacting the Educational Opportunity Center at (559) 278-2280
|Size of Family Unit||Contiguous 48 States, the District of Columbia and Outlying Jurisdictions||Alaska||Hawaii|
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,030 for the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia and outlying jurisdictions; $7,545 for Alaska; and $6,930 for Hawaii.
The term “low-income individual” means an individual whose family’s taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.