Alcohol and Other Drugs
Tips to Drink Safely
- Alternate non-alcoholic with alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid drinking games.
- Choose not to drink alcohol.
- Determine in advance a set number of drinks.
- Eat before and/or during drinking.
- Have a friend let you know when you have had enough.
- Keep track of how many drinks you are consuming.
- Pace drinks to one or fewer an hour.
- Stay with the same group of friends the entire time you drink.
- Stick with only one kind of alcohol when you drink.
- Use a designated driver.
Signs of an Alcohol Overdose--MUST HELP
- Mental confusion
- Snoring/Gasping for Air
- Throwing Up
- Erratic Breathing
- Loss of Consciousness
- Paleness/ Blueness of skin
- Source: Aware Awake Alive
How to help someone suffering from an alcohol overdose
- Call 911 or University Police at 559.278.8400 OR
- For anonymous reporting, go to TipNow
- Stay with the person
- Roll person over on one side
- Monitor breathing and heart rate
- Perform CPR if necessary
Resources for Other Drugs
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Safety Council
The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Safety Council (ATODSC) was established in recognition of the need for a campus and community-wide approach to preventing alcohol and drug-related problems. Promoting a safe campus culture requires the shared leadership and collaboration of campus and community representatives.
The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Safety Council is comprised of community leaders, prevention specialists, law enforcement officers administrators, staff, faculty and students from Fresno State.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Safety Council strives to promote and sustain a safe, healthy, and responsible learning environment regarding alcohol choices by developing and coordinating alcohol-related education, prevention and intervention programs, practices and policies and advising and collaborating with the University administration, campus and community on alcohol-related issues.
Biennial Alcohol Policy Report: 2013-2015
This report lists all of the alcohol safety activities conducted by the campus over the past two years. Click here to read the 2013-2015 Biennial Report.