Alcohol and Other Drugs
Tips to drink safely
- Alternate non-alcoholic with alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid drinking games.
- Choose not to drink alcohol.
- Determine in advance a set number of drinks.
- Eat before and/or during drinking.
- Have a friend let you know when you have had enough.
- Keep track of how many drinks you are consuming.
- Pace drinks to one or fewer an hour.
- Stay with the same group of friends the entire time you drink.
- Stick with only one kind of alcohol when you drink.
- Use a designated driver.
Signs of an alcohol overdose--MUST HELP
- Mental confusion
- Snoring/Gasping for Air
- Throwing Up
- Erratic Breathing
- Loss of Consciousness
- Paleness/ Blueness of skin
- Source: Aware Awake Alive
How to help someone suffering from an alcohol overdose
- Call 911 or University Police at 559.278.8400 OR
- For anonymous reporting, go to TipNow
- Stay with the person
- Roll person over on one side
- Monitor breathing and heart rate
- Perform CPR if necessary
Resources for Other Drugs