Peer Ambassadors of Wellness
The Peer Ambassador of Wellness (PAW) program offers volunteers a hands-on experience promoting the mental and physical health of our Fresno State students.
- Make a one-year commitment. Volunteers will serve an average of 5 hours per week.
- Maintain a semester GPA of 2.0 throughout the application process and academic year.
- Participate in mandatory orientation and training (summer and spring).
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings (1 hour) every Monday at 12:00pm.
- Participate in at least 6 professional development workshops each semester to take place Fridays at 12:00pm.
- Complete mandatory office hours (1-2) each week.
- Facilitate Health PAWS Presents presentations (Stress LESSon and Protect Your Dogs).
- Address the top 10 academic impacts along with alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD) through various activities.
- Serve as mentors to peers with mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety through the Work it Out! Program.
- Facilitate WATCHDOG presentations addressing the signs of alcohol poisoning.
We are not currently recruiting for this group. Check back in the Spring, or consider joining SHAC.