AB 540: Your Rights
- Cannot be denied admission to a California college or university based on your immigration status.
- Not required to show a state issued ID and social security card to apply for admissions to a California college or university.
- Not required to pay out-of state, international, capital outlay, or penalty fees (which may be charged toout-of-state students) to enroll at a California college or university, if you qualify for AB 540.
- Not required to show proof of either 1) legal residency status or 2) be in process to obtain legal residency status.
- Can receive private grants and scholarships
- Can make use of ITIN instead of SSN to pay taxes
- Can use ITIN, Matricula, Student ID on campus
- Eligible for all campus services