All requirements below must be completed by the end of the spring 2015 semester to be considered for admission for the fall 2015 semester. Fresno State does not accept lower division transfer students at this time.
- Completion of 60 or more transferable units (90 quarter units).
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester units (45 quarter units) of General Education (G.E.).
- Completion of the four Foundation classes (area A1, A2, A3 & B4) with a grade of C or better.
- A cumulative transfer G.P.A. of 2.3 or better is required from Local Area applicants in all transferable units attempted; 3.2 or better is required for applicants outside the service area and meet minimum admission requirements.
- Must be in “good standing” at the last college or university attended. Good standing means you are eligible to re-enroll at your last college or university.
*Engineering majors do not need to complete critical thinking (area A3) or lifelong
understanding & self development (area E) prior to transferring.
*Liberal studies and engineering majors follow a different G.E. pattern, please see a counselor for more information or visit www.assist.org.
What's New: The Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act
Student who earn the Associates in Arts degree for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science degree for Transfer (AS-T) will be granted priority admission to the California State University (CSU) into a similar baccalaureate (BA) degree program with a guarantee of junior standing as long as the student meets all prescribed admission requirements. Once admitted, the student will only be required to complete 60 additional prescribed units to qualify for the similar baccalaureate degree.
SB 1440 does not guarantee a student admission for a specified major or campus, but requires the CSU to grant a student priority admission consideration to the local CSU campus and to a program or major that is similar to the transfer AA degree as determined by the CSU.
You will be invited to participate in Dog Days (new student orientation); however, you will not be able to register for classes and be officially admitted until transcripts with final spring grades are received. Applicants can check their application status
by accessing their Student Center at: www.myfresnostate.edu