Early Start Information
The CSU system recently enacted a policy known as "Early Start" requiring incoming students who do not demonstrate readiness for college-level math and/or English to begin remediation during the summer before coming to the CSU.
If you are in need of academic accommodations for your Early Start classes please follow-the following steps: Academic accommodations will be provided on a temporary basis until the Early Start Program ends. Having services for the Early Start program does not qualify students for academic accommodations as a regularly enrolled student with Services for Students with Disabilities at Fresno State. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for regular services through the office on campus.
INITIATING TEMPORARY SERVICES for EARLY START PROGRAM
1. Students who desire academic accommodations provided by SSD must: complete an “Application for Temporary Services – for Early Start”, signed and dated and provides appropriate verification of disability.
2. For the purposes of the Temporary Early Start program only and because it is a transition program, a current IEP/504 plan document identifying the qualified accommodations will be accepted as temporary verification of disability. Further documentation may be required to establish regular services once enrolled in your CSU program.
3. Mail/Fax/ or drop by your application package at our office as noted below.
4. All disability verification forms and processes must be completed prior to receiving services from SSD.
5. A temporary accommodations plan for Early Start, based on the professional verification of disability(s) and Federal and State mandates, will be established with the Disability Management Specialist or the Director. A copy will be returned for your review and verification by signature or electronic acceptance.
6. Accommodations will go into effect the first day of class. Additional information regarding how to utilize your accommodations will be provided prior to class starting.
For more information on the Early Start Program visit the website at: http://www.csusuccess.org/earlystart
The information on this website is available in alternate formats. Please call our office at (559) 278-2811 to make your request.