SSD Scholarship Announcements
- Fresno State Scholarship Office
- Percy-Stephens Prize
- Dale Schoettler Scholarship
- C.Ray & Joyce Whitaker Scholarship (Masons of California)
- ENTRY POINT
- CAPED Student Scholarship Program
Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) to be awarded annually, to one or more Fresno State students selected by the Services for Students with Disabilities Office in collaboration with the Fresno State Scholarship Office. The recipients of which shall be selected using the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled at Fresno State on a full or part time basis;
- Must be physically disabled as certified by the Fresno State Office of Services for Students with Disabilities;
- Apply through the Fresno State Scholarship Office
The Dale Schoettler Scholarship is for visually impaired students. The Chancellor's Office has 46 scholarships of $6,500 each to award each academic year. All applicants must provide verification of blindness from a physician, have a minimum GPA of 2.8 or greater, and submitted the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for next academic year. Apply through the Fresno State Scholarship Office
C.RAY & JOYCE WHITAKER SCHOLARSHIP (Masons of California)
The Masons of California would like to offer another $2,500 scholarship to one of
our students for the next academic year. This is known as the C. Ray and Joyce Whitaker
The scholarship requirements for the C. Ray and Joyce Whitaker Scholarship are:
- Student must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Student must be currently enrolled full-time
- Student must be returning next year as a full-time undergraduate student
- 2.50 GPA or better
- Must have a learning disability like dyslexia or one of the various forms like it.
- Must have a financial need for assistance.
If you are interested I encourage you to submit your on-line scholarship application by May 30. Please select the "check-box" question (which is on the bottom of the second page on our scholarship application) that asks if they have a learning disability. That will help them identify you for this award. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Greg Varela, Program Coordinator, Scholarship Office,California State University, Fresno at 559-278-6572.
Entry Point is a program of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) offering Outstanding Internship Opportunities for Students with Disabilities in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, and some fields of Business. To meet the challenge of the competitive global economy in the new millennium, private industry and government research agencies must expand the pool of technical talent. Entry Point www.entrypoint.org
California Association on Postsecondary Education and Disability (CAPED): Multiple scholarships are offered from a variety of resources. Click here to visit their website and learn more.
The information on this website is available in alternate formats. Please call our office at (559) 278-2811 to make your request.