USU Board of Directors
The USU Board gives students a voice when it comes to decision-making for the University
Student Union (USU) and Satellite Student Union (SSU) facilities with an annual operating
budget of over $2 million dollars. Student leaders work alongside faculty and administrators
from across campus to help the USU meet the needs of Fresno State students.
Check out our blog for weekly updates and news!
Did you know?
- An average of 94,000 people visit the USU each month
- The USU employs more than 70 students each year
- Students pay $61 per semester to support their University Student Union and Satellite Student Union facilities
Lauryn Flores, Chair
Alysa Mo, Vice Chair
Budget and Operations Committee
Ann Kreuscher, Chair
Kevin Evaro, Vice Chair
Public Relations and Marketing Committee
Carmen Flores, Chair
Ashley Bermudez, Vice Chair
David "DJ" Armstrong
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Navdeep Gill, Vice Chair
Hisham Qutob, Associated Students, Inc.
Devin Balbach, Campus Involvement Ambassadors
Anyssa Garza, USU Productions
Faculty and Staff
Dr. Joy Goto, President Designee
Dr. Serena Johnson, Academic Senate Representative
Dr. Carolyn Coon, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Dr. Colin Stewart, Associate Dean of Student Involvement
Mehrzad Zarrin, Assistant Director of Student Union Facilities and Operations
Alejandra Prado, Coordinator for Programs, Events and Assessment
Andrew Esguerra, Marketing Coordinator
REPRESENT the voice of students on campus on issues affecting the USU and Satellite Student Union;
ENCOURAGE student involvement and leadership development;
PROMOTE college life through USU Productions, providing diverse educational and social activities and entertainment;
SERVE as a liaison to University faculty, students, administrators, alumni and guests;
and PROVIDE a positive learning environment through programs, services and facilities that support student success by acting on ideas, research, debate and vote.
For the full description of the USU Board of Directors' role, please click here to download our bylaws.
The USU Board of Directors meet on the first Monday of the month from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in University Student Union, rooms 312-314.
Download the University Student Union budget summaries for the most recent fiscal years by clicking any of the links below.
By joining the USU Board, you will be able to:
- Improve one's written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Gain professional skills while delegating and assuming responsibilities.
- Gain financial leadership skills by learning about student fees and student funded programs and services.
- Strengthen one's own personal development as a leader by being directly involved in the decision-making process for projects and operations related to the USU and SSU.
Interested in joining the USU Board of Directors team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org today!