Leadership Programs builds the leadership capacity of Fresno State students through the development of personal leadership philosophies applied to campus, community, and national issues.
We connect students with opportunities to learn and grow as leaders through our Signature Programs:
- Just getting started? Join us for an Emerging Leaders Retreat and discover your leadership potential! During this 3-day experience you'll get to know other students, learn about leadership, and have fun!
- Attend any four Fresno State Talks or Leadership On Demand events and you'll be inducted into the Leadership Academy. You'll receive automatic access to other leadership events and opportunities.
- The Co-Curricular Leadership Certificate will help you learn advanced leadership skills, make the most of your involvement, and prepare you to market yourself to future employers!
- Graduate students have the unique opportunity to participate in the Graduate Student Leadership Institute. This two day retreat was designed specifically for this population and focuses on skills you can use to give yourself a professional edge.
Looking for more ways to be a leader at Fresno State? Check our Recruitment page to explore even more options.
Want to get involved on campus but not sure where to start? ELR has helped hundreds of students find their best fit! Build connections on campus and in the community while exploring leadership and having fun!
ELR is FREE to all students and includes a ropes course experience, networking opportunities, community service, and more.
Three retreats will be hosted in Fall 2015. You can learn more about them and register at: bit.ly/ELRFA15
Attend any 4 Fresno State Talks or Leadership On Demand workshops per semester and be received into the Leadership Academy. Members of the Leadership Academy are recognized at a ceremony in May.
Fall 2015 Leadership On Demand Schedule. Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held in Library 2206 from 5-6 PM. Topic schedule subject to change.
- October 6 - Motivation with Leadership Programs Staff
- October 13 - Collaboration with Katie Williamson, Chair of the Staff Assembly Executive Committee
- October 20 - Public Speaking with Leadership Programs Staff
- October 27 - Influence with Leadership Programs Staff
- November 3 - TBA
- November 10 - TBA
Register at: http://bit.ly/1Jyto3U
You’re already involved – why not put those experiences to work for you with a Co-Curricular Leadership Certificate? Through the CCLC, you will:
- learn how to market your skills to future employers;
- have access to valuable involvement experiences;
- network and collaborate with fellow student leaders;
- work one-on-one with a Leadership Coach and leaders in the community;
- expand your network on campus and in the community;
- get the most out of your courses and co-curricular activities; and
- get recognition for your leadership skills when future academic and employment opportunities arise.
Click here to view the schedule of Fall 2015 CCLC Cohort Meetings. Participants are required to attend 2 meetings per semester.
For more information e-mail FresnoStateCCLC@gmail.com, call 559.278.2741, or stop by the Student Involvement Center, USU Room 306.
Registration is now closed.
The Graduate Student Leadership Institute (GSLI: a leadership opportunity designed specifically for post-baccalaureate students) is a two day immersive experience that covers advanced leadership and professional development topics. Get to know graduate students from other departments (and connect with the leaders of tomorrow); get the benefit of years of experience in a concise curriculum; and boost your capacity for leadership at the Spring 2015 GSLI.