The Educational Talent Search Program is a federal funded program by the U.S. Department of Education and sponsored by California State University Fresno, Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Talent Search is a college preparatory and outreach program designed to assist and serve students in 9-12 grade from six Central Valley High Schools and to encourage participants to complete secondary education and to undertake a program in post secondary education.
Our program staff conducts various informational workshops on topics such as post-secondary options, admissions procedure, financial aid, and career choices. Our primary goal is to assist students graduate from high school and ensure enrollment into a post-secondary program.
If you do not attend one of our target schools, and you have questions, please call us. We will be more than happy to assist in directing you to the correct office for assistance.
Talent Search Eligibility Criteria
HIGHER EDUCATION ACT OF 1965
Federal Register/ Vol.58, No. 213 (§643.3)
1. An individual is eligible to participate if the individual meets all the following requirements:
• Is a citizen or national of the United States;
• Is a permanent resident of the United States;
• Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from INS;
• Is currently attending one of the target schools.
2. And one or more of the following:
• You are from a low income family or
• Your parents did not graduate from a four-year college
*Resources may still be available if these guidelines are not met. Please see your college advisor for more details.