Blackboard for Winter Intersession 2015
Fresno State’s normal Blackboard system will be offline to undergo an update during January, 2015, and this will affect your Winter Intersession course in several ways.
Winter Intersession rosters will be uploaded into Blackboard on December 24. Students and faculty can log into Blackboard after that date.
Please carefully review the items below and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Continuing and Global Education, TILT and Technology Services have worked very hard to make Blackboard available for Winter courses by moving to an alternate server on Amazon.com. Because of this, you will not see your Winter course(s) listed when logging in to your usual Blackboard site.
- As your Winter class is now housed on an alternate server, you will need to log in to Blackboard at a different URL than you usually use. The Winter Intersession URL is https://bbl-cge.learn.fresnostate.edu/. Please bookmark this site to ensure that you are logging in at the proper location.
- Your course materials will be housed on this new Blackboard site, but a few features you may have used in the past will not be available. For example, the Blackboard Collaborate tool will NOT be available for Winter Intersession. There are other collaboration tools available, including Virtual Office and Chat. A full list of the tools that are and are not available for Winter Intersession are listed on the website: https://bbl-cge.learn.fresnostate.edu/.
- If you need web conferencing or synchronous audio visual, the campus does have a ZOOM license and can make that tool available for you to use during Winter Intersession. Please notify Rudy Sanchez, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 12 if you wish to utilize ZOOM for your Winter Intersession class.
- If you would like Blackboard content copied from a previous semester, please complete the "Course Copy" form located in the Forms area on the website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/blackboard/fac-staff/request-forms.html and email to email@example.com no later than December 12. You will be asked to review your online content at the new Blackboard site between December 12 - 19 to ensure that all content is available before Winter courses begin. Please note that faculty will NOT be able to copy the content from a previous semester; it must be copied by TILT.
- Faculty will NOT be able to enroll students in Blackboard for Winter Intersession. All students must be manually enrolled by TILT.
- As a result of this technology enhancement, enrollment for Winter Intersession will close at midnight on December 23 and students will be unable to register for any Winter courses after that time.
Blackboard and IT Support
- General Blackboard and IT support will be available during Winter Intersession via the Technology Service Desk. The Technology Service Desk will be available by phone for students (559.278.7000) and faculty (559.278.5000). Technology Service Desk tickets can also be submitted any time via the web by visiting https://help.fresnostate.edu/. One there, log in and click on ONLINE FORMS and select the appropriate form to submit.
Technology Service Desk Hours
- The Technology Service Desk will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on December 23, 2014
- The Technology Service Desk will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on December 26, 29, 30 and 31, 2014
- The Technology Service Desk will be closed on the following dates: December 24, 25, 27 and 28, 2014 and January 1, 2015
- The Technology Service Desk will resume normal hours (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.) starting January 2, 2015
Please note that the Division of Continuing and Global Education will be closed from December 24, 2014 through January 1, 2015 and re-open at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 2. Should you need assistance during the holiday closure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.