Jordan and Harvey Graduate Awards
The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of California State University, Fresno is pleased to announce the offering of up to five (5) prestigious Jordan and Harvey Graduate Awards to highly qualified students entering Master of Science (M.S.) programs in the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology.
The Jordan Award provides up to $9,000.00 per year for two years and is available to US citizens as well as international masters program students. The Harvey Award (also up to $9,000.00 per year for two years) is available to masters program students who are US citizens (as per the wishes of the donor).
In some cases both scholarships could be awarded to the same individual (up to $18,000.00 per year for two years). Funding may consist of scholarship and/or assistantship money, based on the candidate’s qualifications and eligibility. Jordan and Harvey recipients are expected to provide teaching and/or research support to their faculty mentor.
Applicants must be entering or currently in their first semester in a Jordan College M.S. program (Agricultural Sciences, Food Science & Nutrition, Industrial Technology, Plant Science, or Viticulture & Enology). This includes students beginning in Fall 2021, or those who began in Spring 2021.
- Agricultural undergraduate degree (or related undergraduate degree)
- GPA of 3.0 or above (undergraduate or current)
- Research experience
- Have a faculty mentor and potential area of thesis research identified
- Complete the university’s graduate admission process (domestic or international). Visit Division of Research and Graduate Studies for information and https://www2.calstate.edu/apply to apply
Application Materials – Application and materials to be submitted via Google Form: 2021-2022 Jordan & Harvey Award Applications (click to apply and submit materials)
- Cover letter indicating your interest and reason for applying for this award(s)
- All college transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of proposed research (maximum 2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who can comment on research or independent work skills, as well as academic history
- Letter of support from the faculty mentor with whom applicant will conduct thesis research
To be given full consideration, application and materials must be submitted via Google Form by Friday, February 5, 2021.
Graduate Coordinators must submit a memo of support for eligible candidates in their
department to the Jordan College selection committee by Friday, February 12, 2021.
Awards will be announced no later than Friday, March 5, 2021.
Candidates must accept or reject their award by Friday, April 16, 2021.
Students should contact the Graduate Coordinator of the Program in which they seek admission. They are:
- Animal Science: Dr. Amanda McKeith (email@example.com, 559-278-4331)
- Food Science & Nutrition: Dr. Lisa Herzig, firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-278-2043)
- Industrial Technology: Dr. Arun Nambiar (email@example.com, 559-278-1443)
- Plant Science: Dr. Sharon Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-278-2255)
- Viticulture & Enology: Dr. Luca Brillante (email@example.com, 559-278-3940)