1. We're a campus community that treasures scholarship and creative thinking.
2. Fresno State operates the only commercial winery at any university in the country.
3. The Save Mart Center at California State University, Fresno is one of the West Coast's premier events centers, hosting not only Bulldog Athletics, but also local sporting events like the Fresno Falcons hockey games, and internationally acclaimed entertainers.
4. Fresno State boasts some of the best sports programs for both women and men in California, with all major sports facilities paid for entirely with private gifts.
5. The complete spectrum of education is represented on campus, from a nationally ranked preschool to doctoral work.
6. Fresno State is the California campus most associated with the Sierra Nevada. Students can leave the campus and in one hour be skiing or hiking at 7,000 feet in Kings Canyon or Sequoia national parks. Yosemite National Park is a little over two hours away.
7. Research is booming at Fresno State, where faculty are attracting a growing amount of support for studies ranging from how to use new technologies to improve the skills of K-12 teachers to groundbreaking experiments in cell genetics and volcanology.
8. The university is moving toward being a "green campus" in several ways, such as using solar power, providing alternative transportation for students, and planning for environment-friendly building options and strategies.
9. Alumni from Fresno State are setting the pace throughout the country and the state. Among California State University campuses we can boast that our alumni are among the most influential thinkers, business people, artists, explorers and leaders in the U.S.
10. Our students truly make Fresno State unique. Central California is one of the most culturally diverse regions in the world. In the past, farming drew people from throughout the world to the San Joaquin Valley - from Armenia, Mexico, Germany, Cambodia, Sweden and Japan.